Vinyl Strip Seal & Polish
Has your vinyl floor been previously stripped and sealed and it has now lost its “luster” and looks dull and is hard to clean?
If this is you then you need to have your vinyl re-stripped and sealed, in order to protect the vinyl again and to also bring it back up to life. Just having the floor stripped and sealed once is not enough. Stripping and sealing needs to be done at regular intervals in order to maintain the protection of the floor surface, as foot traffic will slowly “sand” away the sealer on the floor and the longer you leave it the more sealer will be removed and before long you are left with no sealer on the floor and then the vinyl is suffering damage which if left too long may become un-repairable.
How often do I need to have my floor stripped and sealed?
This is a very difficult question to answer, as it all depends on several factors
- The amount of use the floor gets, what goes across the floors (ie trolleys etc)
- How often it is cleaned (swept/vacuumed/mopped) and what it is cleaned with. Some brooms have quite abrasive bristles on them, which can cause damage to the floor. Also some chemicals will eat away the sealer, so it is very important that you use a PH neutral floor cleaner on your sealed floors and that the chemical dilution rates are correct. Even a PH neutral floor cleaner will become alkaline if not diluted correctly, which will eat away at the floor sealer.
- How many coats of sealer were laid on the floor the last time it was sealed.
- The quality of the sealer used to seal the floor.
- If the correct technique was used to seal the floor last time.
What! A 200% satisfaction Guarantee!
Yes that's right we are so sure of our quality service that we are prepared to put our money where our mouth is if you are not satisfied with our work!